Friday, October 5, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

J. K. Rowling
Arteur A. Levine Books
ISBN-13: 978-0-545-01022-4
ISBN-10: 0-545-01022-5


Yes I read it. Yes I read them all, just like millions of other muggles, wishing that we had received letters from Professor Dumbledore accepting our non existent applications to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry so that we could escape our mundane lives and go practice magic for a living.

Thank God it's finally over! Oh by the way, if you haven't read this one yet - the good guys win. I know that's a load off your mind. I won't spoil the read for you by telling you what all the horcruxes are or what actually happened to Dumbledore or which side Snape is really on or whether Harry lives. Well, I will say that the ending smacks a bit of the Return of the Jedi and the Ewoks celebration with the jolly ghosts of Obi Wan and Vader. No help for that I'm afraid. Lots of people do get killed off, though. The book has a body count reminiscent of a Shakespeare tragedy.



2 comments:

  1. I agree with the body-count comment. I was shocked by how many characters were killed. The only one that made me cry was the one JK said was hardest for her to write (avoiding spoilers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I think I'll wait for the film on this one. I actually like watching the Harry Potter movies more than I like reading her books.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated - so keep your comments moderate!

OpenID users will have their blog links again, yay!